Through the Portland Bureau of Transportation’s Fixing Our Streets program, Safe Routes to School (SRTS) is expecting to make a large investment in safety improvements around Portland schools in the next few years. This spring PBOT is asking families to help them figure out what is needed most. In collaboration with PPS, they will be hosting an open house at each high school cluster.
The Lincoln Cluster open house is less than one week away. Your high school cluster has $682,000 to spend on transportation safety improvements and SRTS is really excited to hear what you have to say!
When: Tuesday, May 2nd, between 6-8 pm (families may drop in anytime; childcare, interpretation and snacks provided)
Where: Lincoln High School, 1600 SW Salmon
Run of Show
- Doors open at 6pm
- Check-in and welcome table
- Station 1: What is SRTS and Fixing our Streets? Understanding how it all works
- Station 2 & 3: Identify your barriers on the way to school and share your routes to school
- Station 4: Share feedback on-the-go with the SafeRoutesPDX mobile web app
- Station 5: What price is right? The cost of building safety projects
- Station 6: PDX Pedestrian Plan: Tells us what your walking needs are
- Snacks, childcare, and interpretation in Spanish provided
- Event ends at 8pm
Getting to the Event:
- TriMet: bus #15 & 51; MAX: Red and Blue line; or TriMet Trip Planner
- Parking: on street parking
- Biking accommodations: On the courtyard of the first floor in front of the main office
For more details on Safe Routes Fixing Our Streets visit PBOT’s website.