As we prepare to welcome Kindergartners back to our main campus, please take a moment to review these guidelines for parking and the car drop-off lane at Chapman. Your planning and patience are appreciated as we re-adjust back to a one-campus school. Questions? Contact the office!
PARKING GUIDANCE | Chapman does not have a dedicated parking lot for families arriving by car. Close street parking is fairly easy to find if you arrive before 7:45 a.m./2:00 p.m. and gets increasingly difficult every minute after that. The bus lane takes up all parking spaces on NW Raleigh along the north side of school. Parking availability may be subject to outside factors like the number of visitors at Wallace Park on a beautiful day. A few times a year, street cleaning, leaf removal or TV /film crews will affect parking availability. You will usually receive advance notice of those events from the office.
DROP-OFF LANE ETIQUETTE | The car drop-off/pick up lane is located on NW Pettygrove and extends down about half a block to the fire hydrant. When using the drop-off lane, please observe the following guidelines in order to keep traffic flowing and everyone safe:
- There is no staff escort from the drop off lane. (If you are a Kindergarten parent, please park and walk your student into the building.)
- Drive slowly and keep an eye out for pedestrians. Children may not move predictably around cars and are often out of your line of sight.
- Drivers must stay at the wheel. If you need to help your child get out, or need extra time to unload large school projects, etc, please park away from the lane.
- After you have dropped your child off, please promptly exit the lane. This is a courtesy to parents who are waiting behind you and helps prevent safety issues caused a back up of cars.
- If you are picking a child up and cannot stay at the wheel, please park away from the lane and pick your child up from their designated dismissal area.
Please do your best to ensure that students are at school on time and ready to learn by 8:00 a.m.!