Morning Train | 7:25 – 7:45 AM | See routes below
Bike Carnival | 2:30 – 3:15 | Chapman
UPDATED 9/30: Walk/Bike train leads added below. Contact these Chapman parents if you want to join them on Wednesday morning!
Help Chapman celebrate International Bike to School Day by walking, rolling, or biking train on October 2nd. International Bike to School day is an international event that takes place in over 40 countries! PPS is participating in Walk & Roll across the schools — Let’s see how many students we can get to participate at Chapman!
This year we have created some walking and biking trains to help make it easier for everyone to participate! What is a bike/ walk train? It’s a group of students walking or biking to school together. Take a look at the routes attached and meet the trains at a stop or just meet them along the way. If you want to join but don’t live along these routes, feel free to drive a few blocks from school and join one of the trains. Walk + Roll to school will be providing treats and giveaways to all students that participate!
The National Center for Safe Routes to School helps us put on this event. They have a mission to promote active transportation to school as a goal to:
- enhance children’s health by walking / biking
- improve health and environment around the school by reducing pollution and congestion around school
- reduce speed of cars in neighborhood by having a large presence of students walking and biking in school area
- make the community feel safer by sidewalks feel more safe by having more people walking and rolling throughout the neighborhood
- PINK LINE: Pearl District, starting at 13th and Raleigh St., biking train lead by Sara Hoeber.
- BLUE LINE: Starting at 22nd & Irving, both walking and biking train lead by Cari Schwerd and Nicole Mather
- RED LINE: Kings Height, walking train led by Olivia Kirrer
- ORANGE LINE: Willamette Heights, walking and biking train, lead by Angel Stech and Annie Usher
Oct. 2 | 2:30 – 3:15 PM | CHAPMAN
Join us after school on October 2nd for the Chapman Bike Carnival. Meet on the front lawn for bike decorating and fun bike games. Fat Tire Farm will be there doing safety and minor maintenance checks for all bikes. This is for all Chapman students. Helmets required!