Here are some resources and upcoming dates to help prepare for the virtual start to the 2020-21 school year. If you did not receive an email with this information, please contact Principal Van Der Wolf.
- – PPS Information for Fall 2020 – https://www.pps.net/fall2020
- – PPS website for Chapman – https://www.pps.net/chapman
- – PPS Calendar
- – Chapman Calendar
- – Chapman Parent Mailing List – Sign up here
- – Chapman School Family Directory – Fill out here
- – Friends of Chapman Facebook group
- – Chapman Learning Pods – A Facebook group formed specifically to discuss how to create equitable and safe learning pods for all of Chapman. If you are not on Facebook but want to be a part of this discussion, contact Helen Shum.
Important Upcoming Dates
- – Tuesday, August 11th 9:00 AM, Distance Learning Q & A #1 (Zoom link)
- – Tuesday, August 11th 6:00 AM, Distance Learning Q & A #2 (Zoom link)
- – Wednesday, August 12th 6:00 PM, Kindergarten Family Information Session (Zoom link)
- – Tuesday, August 18 6:00 PM, PTA Meeting (Zoom link and agenda)
CHROMEBOOK PICK UP
This week and the next week, Chromebooks will be handed out to any new student that needs one, as well as swapping out any Chromebooks that may need some repair. If your student has not yet borrowed a Chromebook or if your student has one that isn’t working, please come by at the times below. Pick up will happen at Chapman Elementary School, 1445 NW 26th at our front entrance.
- – August 12th 9:00 – 11:00 AM
- – August 13th 2:00 – 4:00 PM
- – August 19th 3:30 – 5:30 PM
Due to the need to maintain social distancing, the ask is to only pick one up if you do not have a device that can connect to the internet. In order to ensure health and safety, families must adhere to the following guidelines when picking up a device:
- – Only send one adult family member (do not bring other family members, friends, or children with you).
- – Wear a face covering.
- – Do not come if you or someone in your household is experiencing COVID-19 symptoms: fever, cough, chills, shortness of breath or trouble breathing, new loss of sense of smell or taste, sore throat, muscle pain.
- – Hand Sanitizer will be available at pick up.
Additional Important Dates
- – September 2nd – 11th School begins with a Comprehensive Distance Learning Orientation
- Focused on student supports
- Teacher-student connection and building relationships
- Technology platform orientation
- – By October 10th District to decide what second quarter of school will look like (in school building, hybrid or online)
- – November 5th – End of the grading period