STEM Like a Girl is holding two fun VIRTUAL workshops this fall! There are some really fun STEM activities planned, including mining for chocolate chips, making colorful kaleidoscopes, and designing a city to protect it from pollution. All right from your own home!
- Saturday, October 16th from 1:00 – 3:00 PM (PST)
- Sunday, November 14th from 1:00 – 3:00 PM (PST)
- Where: From your own house over Zoom
- Who*: All girls in 3rd – 5th grade, but siblings in other grades are welcome to join
- Cost: Registration fee is based on which supply option you choose.
- Option 1 – $10 per family: Collect all your own supplies using the provided list
- Option 2 – $15: Pick up prepackaged supplies at one of our contactless porch pickup locations in SE, SW, or N Portland ($5 per additional supply kit)
- Scholarships: Available for any family requesting financial assistance
*While the mission of STEM Like a Girl is to promote and encourage girls in STEM, all are welcome to attend our events regardless of gender or gender identity.
Also, check out STEM Like a Girl founder, Sarah Foster’s new book, which comes out today!
STEM Like a Girl: Empowering Knowledge and Confidence to Lead, Innovate, and Create features 35 girls expressing their love of all things STEM. Each girl speaks to her inspirations and role models, her favorite types of experiments, and why failure is almost always a good thing. Along with these profiles are 15 experiments girls can do at home on their own or with adults including extracting DNA from a strawberry, employing Newton’s Third Law of Motion to build and fire an air cannon, and enacting acid-base chemistry to create homemade fizzy bath bombs.