The Chapman community and Girls of the Run is looking for volunteer coaches for the Fall.
Girls on the Run (GOTR) is coming back to Wallace Park in September.We hope to be offering two teams if we get enough coaching volunteers: One team on Monday and Wednesdays from 4:30-6pmOne team on Tuesday and Thursday from 4:30-6pm
We hope to once again offer two teams at Wallace Park in the fall thanks to our amazing volunteer coaches and community. It was a great way to get the girls outside, foster community, and keep moving their bodies. We are looking for volunteer coaches, if you are interested learn more and please fill out this application here. We need 3 coaches per team.
Regarding Kid’s registration: There will be a lottery to confirm children’s spots on the team. If you do not want to miss sign ups for Girls on the Run for your child, please join the mailing list here https://www.girlsontherunpdx.org to be included on emails from GOTR.
Important fall dates:
- August 12th, 2022 – Deadline to have 2 coaches
- August 15th, 2022 – Girl registration opens!
- September 1st ,2022 – Coach application closes
- September 2nd , 2022 – Deadline to have 3 coaches
- September 2nd , 2022 – Deadline to have minimum 6 participants
- September 12th , 2022 – First week of practices
- November 23rd, 2022- 5K Celebration (details to come)
To learn more about Girls on the Run, click here.
We’d love to have your girl involved and we are committed to making Girls on the Run accessible to all girls. Financial aid is available to any girl who needs it. The online registration form will walk you through a few questions to find the fee that is right for your family based on a sliding scale.
Questions, please email our parent volunteer, Ashley Koch at firstname.lastname@example.org