Friends of Chapman is a partnership between the Chapman Educational Foundation and the Chapman Parent Teachers Association (PTA). Both the Foundation and the PTA are entirely volunteer run.
The PTA sponsors educational programs, coordinates parent volunteers, and conducts fundraising events to benefit the school. The Foundation works to build our community partnerships and is the only way we are able to fund additional school staff to support the needs of our student population.
Through your annual PTA membership dues, Friends of Chapman donations, company matching and fundraisers throughout the year, we are able to channel financial support directly to the classrooms, as well as funding programs, events, visiting artists, technology, field trips, musicals and more. With the generous support of Chapman families and community businesses, our school and its students continue to thrive!
If you have questions, concerns or ideas about how to improve our community at Chapman, please don’t hesitate to reach out to any of our board members or attend one of our PTA meetings.
Become a Member of PTA
Your annual membership dues of $15 cover our school’s national PTA dues, insurance for school events, 501(c)3 designation (which is necessary for receiving grants and donations), and other school events and initiatives. (Note: member dues must be renewed each school year.) All paid members are eligible to vote in general meetings and elections. Questions about PTA membership? Are membership dues are a financial hardship for you? Please request an outreach scholarship from the membership chair at email@example.com
PTA Meetings are held the second Tuesday of every month at 6 p.m. Can’t make the meetings? Click here to view meeting agendas, notes and reports.
2018-19 Chapman PTA Board
- Morgan Nystrom, President
- Angel Stech, Vice-President
- Ursula Lalovic, Secretary
- Cari Schwerd, Treasurer
- OPEN, Treasurer-elect
- Natalie Maciukenas, Membership Chair
- Molly Porter and Brenda Olbeter, Family Engagement Coordinators
- Helen Shum, Communications
- Kelly Farrell and Monica Geller, Outreach
- PTA teacher representative will rotate between 2nd grade teachers
Interested in an open board position? Please email Morgan Nystrom.
2018-19 Foundation Officers
- Nici Griffith, Chair
- Monica Geller, Vice chair
- Anna Dvortcsak, Foundation Treasurer
- Emily Price and Sarah Groom, Auction Chairs
- Kelly Farrell, Dining for Dollar$ Coordinator
- Trish Murley, Grant Writing Coordinator
Interested in learning more about the Foundation? Please email Nici Griffith
2018-19 Event and Project Leads
- Art Ball, Morgan Nystrom and Donna Harding
- Battle of the Books, Molly Porter and Ashley Walker
- Box Tops for Education, Kim Kopetz
- Chapman Gear Store, Emily Price
- Children’s Book Harvest, Yuliya Lucey
- Community Dinner, Angel Stech and Brenda Olbeter
- Conference Meals for Teachers, Jill Kemper
- Friday PTA Coffees, Kat Langman
- Garden Coordinator, Molly Porter
- Math and Science Night, Emily and Stephen Price
- Scholastic Book Fair, Missy Lieser
- Staff Appreciation, Jill Kemper
- Swift Pizza Nights, Tiffany Goldwyn
- Swift Family Run, Annie Duong
Interested in helping with an event or project? Please email Molly Porter.
2018-19 Grade Representatives
- Kindergarten, Cari Schwerd
- 1st Grade, Mary Elizabeth Keiter and Nicole Mather
- 2nd Grade, Azure Attoe
- 3rd Grade, Missy Leiser and Monica Geller
- 4th Grade, Heather Whetstone
- 5th Grade, Desirae Gouger and Jennifer Luria