Friends of Chapman is a partnership between the Chapman Educational Foundation and the Chapman Parent Teachers Association (PTA). Both the Foundation and the PTA are entirely volunteer run.
The PTA sponsors educational programs, coordinates parent volunteers, and conducts fundraising events to benefit the school. The Foundation works to build our community partnerships and is the only way we are able to fund additional school staff to support the needs of our student population.
Through your annual PTA membership dues, Friends of Chapman donations, company matching and fundraisers throughout the year, we are able to channel financial support directly to the classrooms, as well as funding programs, events, visiting artists, technology, field trips, musicals and more. With the generous support of Chapman families and community businesses, our school and its students continue to thrive!
If you have questions, concerns or ideas about how to improve our community at Chapman, please don’t hesitate to reach out to any of our board members or attend one of our PTA meetings.
Become a Member of PTA
Your annual membership dues of $15 cover our school’s national PTA dues, insurance for school events, 501(c)3 designation (which is necessary for receiving grants and donations), and other school events and initiatives. (Note: member dues must be renewed each school year.) All paid members are eligible to vote in general meetings and elections. Questions about PTA membership? Are membership dues are a financial hardship for you? Please request an outreach scholarship from the membership chair at firstname.lastname@example.org
PTA Meetings are held the second Tuesday of every month at 6 p.m. Can’t make the meetings? Click here to view meeting agendas, notes and reports.
Chapman PTA Board
- President, Morgan Nystrom
- Vice-President, Angel Stech
- Secretary, Ursula Lalovic
- Treasurer, Cari Schwerd
- Treasurer-elect, OPEN
- Communications, Annie Duong
- Membership Chair, Natalie Maciukenas
- Family Engagement Coordinators, Molly Porter and Brenda Olbeter
- Outreach, Kelly Farrell and Monica Geller
- PTA teacher representative will rotate between 2nd grade teachers Allyson Seivers and Hannah Lommen
Interested in an open board position? Please email Morgan Nystrom.
- Co-Chairs, Greg Lightner and Nicole Lightner
- Vice chair, Monica Geller
- Foundation Treasurer, Yuliya Lucey
- Auction Chairs, Emily Price and Sarah Groom
- Dining for Dollar$ Coordinator, Nicole Mather
- Grant Writing Coordinator, Trish Murley
Interested in learning more about the Foundation? Please email Nicole Lightner.
Event and Project Leads
- Art Ball, OPEN
- Battle of the Books, Molly Porter and Ashley Walker
- Box Tops for Education, Kim Kopetz
- Chapman Gear Store, Emily Price
- Children’s Book Harvest, OPEN
- Community Dinner, Angel Stech and Brenda Olbeter
- Conference Meals for Teachers, Jill Kemper
- Friday PTA Coffees, Raeven Longanecker
- Garden Coordinator, Molly Porter
- Math and Science Night, Emily and Stephen Price
- Scholastic Book Fair, Lais Marques da Cruz and Lindsay Pantano
- Staff Appreciation, Jill Kemper
- Swift Family Run, Annie Duong
- Swift Pizza Nights, Sara Hoeber
Interested in helping with an event or project? Please email Molly Porter.