Scroll down to see Quick Links for Winter 2020 class flyers!
FAQS on After School Enrichment
Why doesn’t the school send flyers home anymore? | On March 1, 2018, the district ended their relationship with Peachjar and has not announced a new or alternative system of flyer distribution. Since so many of our families depended on Peachjar to learn about after school and enrichment programming, the PTA is working with these programs to inform parents of these options.
How do I inform parents about a program I represent? | Notify our community of your offerings by sending details to email@example.com.
2019-20 Scholarships | Thanks to the generous donations of parents, alumni and friends of Chapman, the Chapman PTA and Foundation are offering a limited number of scholarships for after school enrichment classes that take place at Chapman School, subject to availability of funds. Scholarship applications will be reviewed and awarded on a first come first serve basis. The Scholarship funds must be paid from Chapman PTA directly to the after school program. Click here for the 2019-20 Scholarship Application. Questions? Contact Cari Schwerd.
Listing of After Care & Enrichment Programs
A private effort to create a comprehensive city-wide listing of programming is being created at https://pdxafterschool.com.
A general listing of Chapman enrichment by activity type is below:
General After Care
- Friendly House
- Kids Community Learning Center (KCLC)
- Creative Roots (also offers camps and academic support)
- Children’s Garden Field Office
- WeVillage (Previously We Village. Chapman students can take a bus directly to the WeVillage stop. Also offers no-school and summer camps)
Sports and Scouting
- Hillside Soccer
- Lincoln Boys Lacrosse (Grade 1 and up)
- Lincoln Girls Lacrosse (Grade 3 and up)
- Lincoln Youth Football
- Lincoln Youth Baseball & T-ball
- Lincoln Youth Rugby (Grade 3 and up)
- Runner2Runner (Cross country in fall and Track and Field in Spring)
- Girls on the Run (Grade 3 and up)
- One-on-One Basketball
- Wushu After School Program (pick up from Chapman)
- 22Wildwood (Scouting)
- Ultimate Frisbee
- Yoga Playgrounds
Art, Music, Science and Language
- Coding with Kids
- Creative Roots
- EG Robotics
- Play-Well TEKnologies
- Northwest Children’s Theater
- Portland Child Art Studio
- Kids Like Language classes at Chapman (Spanish and Sign Language)
- Science Matters: STEM club
- Tiny Techs Club