Hello Lincoln Youth Baseball Families!
We are excited to announce that registration for Spring Baseball is officially OPEN! Coaches can register now too.
Please register your player at: www.LincolnYouthBaseball.com
- T-ball – Pre-k and Kindergarten
- A-ball – 1st grade
- AA-ball – 2nd grade
- AAA/Minor’s – 3/4th grade
- Major’s – 5/6th grade
- Seniors – 7/8th grade
Please email us with questions: email@example.com
‘Tis the season! We are collecting items for the holiday food baskets. You can drop off your purchased items in the main lobby of the school. Thank you for your generosity!
Donation Food List
- Jars of Peanut Butter – Natural Jif
- Jars of Jelly/Jam – Kroger strawberry preserves
- Cans of Chili – Hormel chili with beans 15 oz.
- Boxes mix of Corn Bread – Krusteaz Honey Cornbread 15 oz.
- Box of Cereal – Cheerios 12 oz
- Instant Oatmeal – Kroger Variety Pack 12.5 oz
- Box of Macaroni & Cheese – Kraft Mac and Cheese 5.5 oz box
- Package of Spaghetti Noodles – Barilla Spaghetti
- Jar/can of Marinara Sauce – Prego Traditional Spaghetti Sauce
- Can of Tuna Fish – Bumble Bee Tuna 5 oz can
- Loaves of Bread – Home Pride 20 oz.
- Jars of Mayo – Best Foods Mayonnaise 30 oz
- Hot Cocoa Mix Packets – Swiss Miss Marshmallow 7.3 oz
- Cans of soup – Campbell’s Chicken Noodle or Tomato Soup
- Canned Tomatoes and Other Vegetables (Peas, Carrots, Spinach, Beans)
Winter after school activities at Chapman begin as early as January 6th. Below is the list of confirmed classes. Sign up now!
Note: classes may be canceled due to low enrollment so spread the word.
- NW Children’s Theater: Theater Games! (GR K-4)
- After School Hoops 1-on-1 Basketball (GR 1-5)
- Play-Well TEKnologies (GR K-4)
- Tiny Techs Club: Adventure Bots (GR K-5)
- Kids Like Languages: American Sign Language (GR K-5)
- Kids Like Languages: Spanish (GR K-5)
- Science Matters: Pop Bang Fizz Chemistry (GR 1-5)
- Coding With Kids: Little Coders (GR K-2)
- Coding With Kids: Game Development (GR 3-5)
More info and sign-up links at After Care and Enrichment.
Next door neighbors Tap & Table and Ruby Jewel (NW 23rd and Raleigh) will both be donating a portion of today’s sales back to Chapman. Come out and enjoy family friendly and tasty pub fare as well as ice cream sandwiches scooped by some of our very own Chapman teachers. We will have teachers from 3rd grade, 5th grade, and our music teacher Mr. Clark scooping. Ruby Jewel is even debuting freshly scooped small size ice cream sandwiches at a special rate of only $3! Open for lunch and dinner. Gift cards count too.
Special After-School Open Studio Holiday Arts & Crafts Chapman Fundraiser
December 9-13 and December 16-20 | 4:00 – 6:00 pm
portland CHILD Art Studio | 1819 NW Everett Street (Parking lot off Flanders) | Located inside the NW Children’s Theater.
Make gifts and art for loved ones in a fun art space ready for you to tap into your creativity.
Admission is $20 per kid. $10/kid with Oregon Trail Card. Kids must be accompanied by an adult but all adults get in free and can make gifts too. No sign-up needed; just drop-in.
Let us know you’re connected to Chapman and 25% of your admission will be donated to Chapman Elementary.
All are welcome.
Donate to Chapman and leave your legacy through an engraved brick installed by the Chapman playground. They also make fabulous gifts in honor of a favorite teacher or grandparents. Up to 3 lines of text of up to 18 characters per line. Buy-a-Brick donations start at $250. Click here to download the flyer below.
Chapman Elementary’s Inclusive Schools Week Celebration is this week week. Inclusive Schools Week is a nationwide celebration each year highlighting the importance of providing “quality education to an increasingly diverse student population, including students who are marginalized due to disability, gender, socio-economic status, cultural heritage, language preference, and other factors.” The celebration will include activities for all grade levels. There will be read-alouds with guest readers in each classroom selecting from a diverse range of books, a community wide art project celebrating inclusion, inclusive books on display at the school library, and a special Friday assembly (see details below). Learn more at www.inclusiveschools.org.
How can you help?
- Volunteers are needed for classrooms readings, please ask your teacher if there are opportunities to volunteer in your child’s classroom.
- If you know of any great diverse books that you love or would like to see at the Chapman library, feel free to check in with our library to share your ideas. You can share these by emailing our library assistant, Cynthia Stevens (firstname.lastname@example.org), or by stopping by and visiting Cynthia after school. Cynthia is at Chapman on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays.
- Join us for our Friday Assembly at 9 AM or 10 AM with our guest Montrell Goss. Please remember to save the front rows for the students.
- Consider finding ways to continue the conversation about the importance of inclusion at home with your family.
The Friday Assembly: “Chillin’ the Courageous Coyote Meets the Young Kids”
On Friday, December 6th, Chapman will welcome local Portland children’s author, poet and mentor, Montrell Goss (aka. Chillin’ the Poet), to read his book, “Chillin’ the Courageous Coyote Meets the Young Kids”, followed by a short Q&A. Two identical assemblies – one at 9am, one at 10am – will accommodate all grades. Montrell’s mission is to encourage, support, and teach life skills to young people that will allow them to realize and maximize their fullest potential. Through his work, he strives to disprove stereotypes, break down barriers, promote self-esteem, and personal growth.
Each Chapman classroom will also receive a copy of the book (a few will also be available in Spanish), so that teachers may further explore the messages in the story within their own individual classes. We look forward to hosting Chillin’ the Poet!
Thank you for helping us strengthen our community. If you have comments or questions about Inclusive School’s Week, please email Ashley Koch at email@example.com.