Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions!
If you’ve been at Chapman for awhile, you’ll remember when classroom lists were posted at the ice cream social, making it the first “must attend” event of the school year.
That tradition has ended (you’ll receive classroom assignments via snail mail this week), but this year’s event includes important changes that make it just as essential and even more fun!
In addition to meeting your child(ren)’s classroom teacher, you’ll be able to:
- Pick up back-to-school paperwork packets and bus tags
- Join the PTA
- Learn about and sign up for volunteer opportunities
- Meet with representatives from after care and enrichment programs
- Shop our brand-new lineup of Chapman spirit wear and gear
And of course, enjoy a FREE sweet treat from our neighborhood friend, Tilly the Ice Cream Truck!
All parents, students, staff and friends are invited to stay after the social and meet on the viewing hill for an early-season Swift Watch. (Or just socialize if the Swifts are late in arriving!) Bring your own picnic or purchase pizza/water.
DATE, TIME AND LOCATION: Thursday, August 23 at Chapman’s main campus. The social is from 4:30 p.m. to 6 p.m. The picnic is from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
PARKING: Our friends at Montgomery Park (2701 NW Vaughn St) are making their lot available for parking. Biking/walking/public transport is highly encouraged!
FOOD: Bring your own picnic or purchase pizza/water. If you’d like to pre-order a whole pizza, contact Kelly Farrell @ email@example.com by Noon on Thursday, Aug. 23.
BRING: Picnic blanket, dinner, and, if you’re so inclined, payment for PTA dues, pizza and Chapman gear. Cash, credit and checks accepted.
Can’t make the social? No worries! Packets will be ready for you when school starts.
Chat with representatives from the following organizations at the ice cream social on Thursday. We’ll also have materials from 22 Wildwood (Scouting) and One-on-One Basketball to share. Are you a provider or organization looking for a tabling opportunity? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Swift watch season is around the corner which means thousands of visitors from all over the city (and beyond) will soon be descending upon our viewing hill. Capture those eyeballs by marketing your business with a banner to be hung on our Steve Brand field. This is our premier sponsorship opportunity and starts at $750. A limited number of banners are available each year with priority for renewing businesses. Contact Nici Griffith for more information and to place your order.
Our Spaghetti Together night was a rousing success! Last night we shared:
- 75 pounds of Spaghetti!
- 42 jars of pasta sauce!
- 35 pounds of carrots!
- 25 pounds of celery!
- 12 cases of water!
- 54 loaves of bread!
- 400+ apples and a crazy amount of ooey, gooey caramel!
And endless amounts of laughter, song and good cheer. Thanks to everyone, including the more than 40 volunteers and staff who helped us to pull it all off. Our friends at Food Front, Portland Nursery, Zupans, New Seasons, Fred Meyer, Trader Joes, Kens Artisan Bakery, St. Honore Boulangerie and Lovejoy Bakers all contributed with in-kind donations. And though we did not intend for this night to be a fundraiser, your generous contributions added more than $1600 to our Friends of Chapman bank account – more than enough to cover our costs. Now enjoy this very brief slideshow!
If you did not receive the email to attendees or read the Chimney Flyer yesterday, here are the details:
Hello Chapman Families!
- Please make sure you are on time for your reservation and factor in extra time to park if you must drive. You do NOT have to print tickets.
- Please remember to bring CASH!
- Due to our tight timeline with 2nd and 5th grade performances at 6 and 7 p.m, we really want to make sure that everyone is through the cafeteria in a quick and efficient manner. Once you are finished eating, please move on to the delicious caramel station in the first grade hallway or visit with your friends in the auditorium or hallways.
- Surprise! Your attendance gives you TWO chances to win one of the following prizes!
- Two tickets to our Spring Art Auction on March 10 – our biggest fundraiser of the year!
- A golden ticket for the auction! A $100 value!