We have had an incredibly hard time getting contact emails into our parent directory for families who are new to Chapman this year.
The password-protected parent directory is a service of the PTA that allows parents to access email, phone and classroom assignments children at Chapman. It is also the only way that the PTA/Foundation can easily send direct emails to families or for classrooms/grades to self-organize.
We feel it’s important for new families to be connected to our parent community, so if you are new to Chapman, please know that we are trying our best to add all new families who wish to be included. If you have not received any emails from Friends of Chapman this year, please make sure you are in our parent directory by sending whatever you’d like included (child(ren)’s name/teacher/parent email(s)/phone) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you know of a family who is new, please share this message.
UPDATE: THIS OFFER HAS EXPIRED.
Want to support the upcoming Dining for Dollars fundraiser next Tuesday, but can’t make it to the shop? For a (very) limited time, we are offering gift card order and pick-up service! Here’s how it works:
- Sign up for as many $20 gift cards as you’d like (no other denominations available).
- Venmo the amount to our trusted parent shopper or bring a check to Room 18 after Round up tomorrow.
- We’ll pick up the cards for you and arrange delivery! Easy peasy. Buy one for yourself, one for your neighbor, parents of a new baby, a valued teacher, coach or college kid….the possibilities are endless!
IMPORTANT: We need to order the cards by end of day, Friday, so act now if you’d like to be a part of bringing more pizza to the world and dollars to your local neighborhood elementary! And thanks in advance for sharing this post!
Take the survey today! You can complete the survey from a computer, tablet, or smartphone. It should only take 15-20 minutes of your time.
Select the school your child attends and answer the questions for that school. If you have children at more than one PPS school, please complete one survey for each school your children attend. If you need help taking the survey please contact your school secretary.
Today is the 122nd anniversary of the founding of the Parent Teacher Association (PTA), originally formed as The National Congress of Mothers. In 1897, (before women had the right to vote!) Alice McLellan Birney and Phoebe Apperson Hearst organized what was essentially the first “PTA meeting” by bringing together more than 2,000 supporters to advocate for children’s interests in Washington D.C.
As the largest and oldest volunteer child advocacy organization in nation, the PTA has pushed for programs and reforms that still benefit our children today, including the creation of kindergarten classes, child labor laws, special education and school hot lunch programs. Amazing, right?
At the school level, the Chapman PTA works to build and support family engagement in partnership with teachers and staff. This year, we hope you have noticed:
- an increased emphasis on events that build family engagement like the Swift Family Run, Community Dinner, and upcoming parent education night, in addition to “old” favorites like the Ice Cream Social, STEM night, Art Ball and Talent Show.
- easier and more equitable access to after school enrichment classes, school-wide events and auction parties (funded, in large part, by a record-setting outreach paddle raise at last year’s auction.)
- sustained and improved efforts to share information of interest to parents via our in-school bulletin board, PTA Coffees, new grade-level representatives, website and social media channels.
- intentional efforts to grow and expand our volunteer and member base. Our PTA waives membership fees on request because financial barriers should not prevent parents from active engagement in their school community.
We could not and can not do this without YOU! A HUGE shout out to the legions of volunteers who make Chapman a great place to be.
A strong PTA member base helps us to:
- more effectively advocate for staffing and other resource needs.
- more broadly and accurately represent parent voices.
- more efficiently organize and hear from teachers about we can best support them and their classrooms.
We hope you will help us celebrate this important milestone in child advocacy by joining the PTA, signing up to volunteer and/or attending tomorrow’s March for Students in Salem! On Friday, Feb. 22, please join us for a special treat along with coffee after round up!
THANK YOU for believing that public education matters!
Only two weeks left to register for Hillside Soccer’s Spring Season!
Hillside welcomes new players at every age group. Community soccer is a
fun way for your children to develop strong friendships with their
classmates. Sign up now!
Scholarships available for families in need: contact
Rob Solmer <email@example.com>
Apologies for the delay. Notes from January and February PTA meetings are now posted.
Note: PTA members receive these notes and agendas prior to our monthly meetings directly from Chapman PTA President Morgan Nystrom. More on PTA and how to join here.
As we get closer to the end of the school year, learn more about PPS staffing and allocation decisions, and receive income totals from our largest annual fundraiser, the PTA and Foundation will be discussing how best to prioritize our funding to positively impact our school community for the 2019-20 school year. We appreciate your interest and active engagement in this process. All PTA members are eligible to vote.
Remember, if you’ve already purchased tickets, you do not need to re-register for the event. You are all set!
If your child is available on Friday, Feb. 22 to join the fun, please buy your tickets by midnight on February 21 for speedy check-in.
Announcing the Golden Ticket Prize: Faraday Porteur S-Series E-Bike ($2,499 value)!
Only 100 Golden Tickets available – $100 each – and they’re selling fast, buy yours today with your auction tickets!
Golden Ticket Raffle rules: Must be present to win on March 8. Two winners drawn. First winner gets choice of E-Bike OR a Live Auction item (classroom art, vacation homes). Second winner gets what first winner did not pick.